GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Headliners and moulded carpet

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Headliners and moulded carpet Empty Headliners and moulded carpet

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:28 pm

65-96 Carpet and Headliners and a few other odds and ends from StockInteriors.com I purchased the do it your self headliner kit when i redone my headliner last year in my 79 caprice. The earlier models with the bow style headliners already have kits made for them. I see they also have molded carpet. I dont know the quality on them, but the headliner fabric is good. I have the oyster colored interior, and the closest color to the original headliner is #M1807 Oxford White. You can order samples before you buy. Check them out. I know by now almost all of your headliners are sagging, its a cheap, fairly easy do it yourself project, and looks so much better than the old sad droopy headliner.
    kartmaster
    kartmaster
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Headliners and moulded carpet Empty Re: Headliners and moulded carpet

Post  kartmaster Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:29 pm

I used them when I re-did the headliner in my Toronado. That was probably 6 years ago and it's still holding strong.

You might check your local shops though. You may be surprised how cheap they'll do it. I think I spent $60 to do it all myself, and the upholstery shop said they usually charge $100. I would have paid the extra $40. Haha.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:30 pm

my local shop wanted a little over 300, but that was including the sun visors. So thats why i did it my self, it wasnt bad at all and i could afford to save 250 bucks lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:13 am