GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

5 posters

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts.

Danver
    Danver
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. Empty Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts.

Post  Danver Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:52 pm

I recently picked up a '77 Caprice Classic 4-door sedan and my search for some parts led me to this forum.  Looks like there is a lot of reading in my future when I get some time.

Anyway, I'm in need of quite a few parts to make the front end complete again.  I would like to find a loaded header panel the same as what I have if possible, or at least the parts I need to put mine back together.  I've straightened the metal header panel enough to know I can save it if necessary but I would still rather replace it.

The individual parts I need (if I can't find a loaded header panel) are both left and right headlamp mount panels, grille, passenger side headlight bezel, the L-shaped molding around the passenger headlights, and the upper molding that goes across the entire header panel.

If anyone has any or all of these to sell please let me know.

A less desirable option would be to find a complete header panel from a different model or year that would make the car whole again as long as the chrome is in decent shape.

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. Capricefront
    Danver
    Danver
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. Empty Re: Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts.

Post  Danver Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:00 pm

For the same car I also will eventually need a couple of moldings, one on the passenger side C-pillar and the other on the passenger side rear door.  The picture should show which ones they are if anyone can help me out.

Thanks.

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. IMG_0111
    Danver
    Danver
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. Empty Re: Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts.

Post  Danver Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Well, after stitching the right headlamp mount panel back together with mechanics wire, straightening out the header panel and upper molding, some creative re-purposing of some old aluminum window parts and some aluminum gutter screen I at least have Ol' Yeller at least presentable enough to drive until I can come up with some good parts.

Anybody have any of this stuff sitting around that they want to sell?

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. Grille
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  solo79 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Honestly, that doesn't look too bad at all! You did a nice job of straightening that header panel too. On my '79, it's fiberglass, so it would have been destroyed with a hit like that. Really, the whole front looks good for temporary until you can find replacement parts.
    Jrod67
    Jrod67
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Jrod67 Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 pm

I just might have what your looking for. If you haven't found any parts yet? I have located all Nos parts for my build and put the other stuff away. So I'll look next weekend since I'm heading to philly this week.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi, I can help with the parts you need.  Right now I have a header panel w/upper bright trim piece, and both headlight buckets w/light assemblies, but I should be able to locate the rest.

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. 100_1832  Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. 100_1833  Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. 100_1834

lmk
    Danver
    Danver
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Danver Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:33 am

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:Hi, I can help with the parts you need.  Right now I have a header panel w/upper bright trim piece, and both headlight buckets w/light assemblies, but I should be able to locate the rest.

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. 100_1832  Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. 100_1833  Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. 100_1834

lmk

Thanks, I think I have rounded up everything I need for the front, I just have to get around to painting the header panel so I can put it on.

I do still need to find the two moldings for the C-pillar and the RR door though if you happen to have any of those.

Also, I don't have a picture but I noticed the inside trim piece that covers most of the driver's side B pillar is cracked if anyone has one of those.

Need '77 Caprice Header panel and other related parts. IMG_0111
    Lil gaines
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Lil gaines Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am

I need a headlight panel for the passenger side of 77 Impala
    Lil gaines
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Lil gaines Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:07 pm

And do u have the headliner board for the same car 501 743-4885 u can text me and let no thanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:07 pm