GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+5
solo79
Myloth
GM B-Body Forum
Sweet Seventy9
Machine-De-Zine
9 posters

New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings

Machine-De-Zine
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings Empty New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings

Post  Machine-De-Zine Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:48 am

This is a post to see if anybody here is interested in acquiring new exact duplicates of OEM rubber body bushings.

These parts have been gone missing from GM vintage stock inventory for quite a long time, and no one has stepped up to make these,, until now.

E/S polyurethane biscuits are not the best answer for everybody. They have their issues.

Cars made in the late 70s are likely to have rotted out steel inserts anyway, which are not supplied with urethane bushings.

If you are interested in buying these OEM parts new to make your car feel like new again, show your interest buy responding to this post.

This is just to let you know that this is an early stage of the process, a necessary first step, but no, they are not being made ,,, yet.

The manufacturer needs to see some interest percolating out here in the forums, because he needs to make a minimum of 5000 sets to commit.

If posts begin flow to show a desire and/or need, then everybody gets a chance to purchase them.

I have zero financial affiliation with this project, its only that I've just spent far too much time frustrated by not having them.

So I decided to do my homework and figure out exactly what part numbers to duplicate, and passed that list on to the maker.

This kit will consist of RPO-9C1 (SEO-7B3) bushings and will firm up all 77-96 B-bodys, look right & fit perfectly, but will NOT ride harsh or squeak and groan like PU pucks.

Check out this thread, below, to see what Bill Harper (Navy Lifer) has generously stepped forward to post on the big board for this project:

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=11483674#post11483674
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings Empty Re: New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 am

Hey Bro, welcome to the forum. There's several members here I'm sure will want to know more about this. They should be chiming in soon.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings Empty Re: New OEM style Frame to Body Mount Cushions/Bushings

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Well yeah im definitely in! Im sure im due for a new set.
    Myloth
    Myloth
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Myloth Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 pm

I was wondering about those hard to find item and I could use a few of them.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Put me down for a set!!! I'm doing a body-off restoration and I'm not putting my cracked, worn-out stock rubber ones back in that's for sure!! Hope this works out!!
    Gulli B
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Gulli B Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:41 pm

i need a set also Razz
    MC CUSTOMS
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  MC CUSTOMS Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 pm

What ended up happening with this? Need two sets for my frame off on my 85 landau and also my 84 4dr.....
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:24 pm

The last I heard there wasn't enough interest to make it worth the investment to have them made.   I ran into this when I tried getting people interested in having rear center fillers made. Most manufacturers have minimum quantities that have to be met.  It's just not worth it when less than 100 people show interest.  
    MC CUSTOMS
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  MC CUSTOMS Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:The last I heard there wasn't enough interest to make it worth the investment to have them made.   I ran into this when I tried getting people interested in having rear center fillers made.  Most manufacturers have minimum quantities that have to be met.  It's just not worth it when less than 100 people show interest.  

Damn. Guess its polys then for both. Im going to post a thread of my build.
    Squarebackbeast
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Squarebackbeast Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:31 pm

B body interest has boomed in recent years maybe it's time to try again!
    Striker
    Striker
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)

Post  Striker Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Im in!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:08 am