GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

4 posters

Value of 1977 center bumper filler?

coolnyjay
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Value of 1977 center bumper filler? Empty Value of 1977 center bumper filler?

Post  coolnyjay Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm

Hey guys, How much have you seen the elusive front and rear center bumper fillers go for in the past? Thanks
    Osborn F. Enready
    Osborn F. Enready
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Value of 1977 center bumper filler? Empty Re: Value of 1977 center bumper filler?

Post  Osborn F. Enready Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:55 pm

As much as people are willing to pay.

I would imagine the prices for the used originals will be dropping now since there are brand new fiberglass corners and centers available now from Classic Parts.

I intend to replace all of mine with the new fiberglass pieces, but that is pretty low on the priority list since the ones I have currently are in decent shape, except the rear center, which fell off.
    G_S77
    G_S77
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Value of 1977 center bumper filler? Empty Re: Value of 1977 center bumper filler?

Post  G_S77 Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:51 am

Osborn F. Enready wrote:brand new fiberglass corners and centers available now from Classic Parts.

website please??
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:54 am

Used front center ones are easy to find but in all the years I've been selling parts I've only sold one.  Sad   I think I got $30 for it.

If you have a good used rear center filler you can pretty much set your own price because you'll have 1 of only a handful left.

The lower corner fillers are simple to find too and don't sell for much.  

Replica Plastics makes the fiberglass parts that Classic Industries sells.  All those pieces have been available for years. Before CI and a few other places started selling them, RP sold them direct to the public.  They no longer do so now.

I got a rear center filler from them back in 07(?).  See this thread - https://www.gmbbodyforum.com/t8-bumper-filler
    At some point they re-designed it.  It's supposed to resemble the original one better now.

coolnyjay
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  coolnyjay Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:59 am

This one I have is a fiberglass replica I just discovered as I was removing the bumper guards which I just boxed up and am shipping to France. Great idea to use base moulding for the filler.
    Osborn F. Enready
    Osborn F. Enready
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Osborn F. Enready Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:59 am

coolnyjay
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  coolnyjay Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks for the link. I didn't know the rear centers were still being reproduced for the 77. Good to know.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:40 pm