GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Mud guards

78i6belair
    78i6belair
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Mud guards Empty Mud guards

Post  78i6belair Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:22 am

Hi there.

I'm in need of some new splash/mud guards for my 78 Bel Air sedan as winter is approaching. I had some generic hard plastic ones from Canadian tire but I was wondering if anyone on here can recommend a particular brand or set that fits our cars well and are large enough to keep the crap contained within the wheel wells.

Thanks.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Mud guards Empty Re: Mud guards

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:26 am

Here ya go.  http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A3835A0A0.aspx

(whispers) cover it and don't drive it in the snow and muck... Smile
    78i6belair
    78i6belair
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  78i6belair Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:41 am

Haha thats a good one. I really wish I could park my 78 Bel Air for the winter, but my other classic Chevy does get parked for a 5-6 month hibernation.

I oil undercoat with Krown product and maintain the understide as much as the rest of the vehicle too. I cringe when they salt the roads and try and only venture out after the roads have dried or before the stupid salt trucks are deployed!

What was the factory offering from GM for splash guards? You seem to have the best collection of information and O.E.M parts for these cars.

Thanks.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:05 pm

I'm not sure about what's available today, but back in the day I knew of 6 styles available for full size GM cars, not counting Cadillac which had their own specific ones. They were all the same basic size but had slight variations in each design. Some had logo's on the bottoms, while others were blank. Some had "chrome" upper portions with black bottoms while the others were all black.
    I saw a NOS set of 4 solid black ones on ebay a couple months ago. TBH, ebay is probably the best place to watch for them.

How cool are the workers at your local auto parts store? Will they let you take several sets of guards out to the parking lot to match up the correct size to your car? Chances are good that you'll find an aftermarket set that will fit perfectly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:06 pm