GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

You Never Forget Your First

Danver
    Danver
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

You Never Forget Your First Empty You Never Forget Your First

Post  Danver Sat May 21, 2016 11:00 pm

I recently came across these pictures which show the painful demise of my first Impala.  This was back in the later 80's and I had bought this 1977 Impala from a friend who was leaving to join the Navy.  I don't remember exactly what I paid for it but it was in the $200 to $300 range.  It had a lot of little spots of rust all over it but it was fairly solid, even the floors.  This was the car that got me to love driving these '77-'79 Impala/Caprice cars.  I think it had about 77,000 miles on it when I got it and it provided me a lot of reliable transportation for close to three years.  

At the time the incident in the pictures occurred my then-fiance was using the car to commute to college and my main ride was a 1977 Chevrolet pickup.  She was stopped on a highway to make a left turn and a full-size 80's Bronco bailed into the back end after the driver failed to see her until it was too late to avoid the collision.

We didn't have any money but I think we got $400 from the other person's insurance company.  Shortly after I found a 1978 Caprice sedan with no engine or transmission for $75 and I pulled the 305 out of the wrecked one and put that in the '78.  I never liked that one quite as much but it did have air conditioning that worked as long as I added a can of r12 every couple of months.

But that first Impala I owned will always have a place in my heart and memory.

You Never Forget Your First Firstimpala1

You Never Forget Your First Firstimpala2
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

You Never Forget Your First Empty Re: You Never Forget Your First

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sun May 22, 2016 6:42 pm

So painful to look pale
    Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  Kit1078 Sun May 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Ouch. That's a pianful picture to look at...in more ways than one. I have to admit, I'm impressed that it held up like it did, those old broncos were made of pig iron and dark matter.

My first B body...my first car, was destroyed last year in a fire. I'm still not quite over it. I picked up another one, but it's the same thing: There are things that the other one had that I miss and so on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:41 am