GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+2
HeavyChevy77
terry cronk
6 posters

Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala

terry cronk
    terry cronk
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala Empty Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala

Post  terry cronk Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:59 am

I hope this is what we have been looking for on new body mounts.  $199.00 a set.  Either red or black.

http://www.streettrendsinc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BBODY&Product_Code=75533&Category_Code=BOX_SUSPENSION
    HeavyChevy77
    HeavyChevy77
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala Empty Re: Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala

Post  HeavyChevy77 Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 pm

I think u need something like this otherwise u need to reuse the bolts and inserts which are most likely corroded
    Energy Suspension Part# 3.4143
    this for early f body wonder if itll fit(w/mods?)
    keep us posted if u do that's something I was interested in too
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala Empty Re: Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala

Post  Myloth Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:49 pm

They should work although you probably need two kits Most GMs from late 60 through early 80s use similar body mounts maybe a slight

variation on them but close.
    66LeSabre707
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  66LeSabre707 Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:40 pm

terry cronk wrote:I hope this is what we have been looking for on new body mounts.  $199.00 a set.  Either red or black.

http://www.streettrendsinc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BBODY&Product_Code=75533&Category_Code=BOX_SUSPENSION

Check out www.steelerubber.com They have complete kits for most all cars.
    Oldsragger
    Oldsragger
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Oldsragger Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:34 am

Im looking for some body bushings also, i know a guy use bodybushings from a camaro on his 77 caprice, but dont know what year it is from, and they was a bit lower also,so the chassie will be a little lower to the frame.,but again,old rubberbushing (as mine example) are very squized and are already low..  the bad thing he dont remember the part number.  in the middle time i will ask a helpfull local dealer to try to indentify original bushing compare to some polyrethan,, i have a paper sheet that shows how many bushing the frame has and positions but no partnr to original bushings.

Any know if this extra area out from the hole is for water or dirt to get pass,or to put in screwdriver to get out old bushings?

Hope the picture works..  edit:  trying to upload pics...

Poly/Urethane body mounts for Caprice/Impala Img_2013

Last edited by Oldsragger on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [url=https://servimg.com/view/19870626/4][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/87/06/26/th/img_2013.jpg[/img][/url])
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Myloth Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Actually later B-Body 94-96 Impala SS ie are the same kit that fits earlier B Body.
    Gooched78Caprice
    Gooched78Caprice
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Gooched78Caprice Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 pm

I've bought both sets of the energy suspension poly body mounts. They show two durometers available. One is for police/taxi 3.4136 (harder durometer) the other is for "normal" caprice 3.4145(softer durometer).

They set with the hard durometer will match exactly how the 77-79 caprice body mounts are set up but is extremely firm and most of the mounts have no give to them when pressed on. The softer set is missing a couple of the lower mounts similar to the 90's caprice and you can feel some squish to them when you press on them. You must keep your stock metal inserts so make sure they are not rusted out or you will need to start hitting the scrap yard to get replacements. If you get the softer set but don't atleast use your original lower mounts where they are missing you can end up with holes in your floor board from the bolts being too long I've read on another forum. I believe this would be true from my experience on our 77-79 cars...

I recommend calling Energy Suspension and try to speak with Jeff to see about getting the extra (4)4103 and (2)4114 mounts missing on the softer durometer set. If they can't get the exact replacement they can atleast inform you what the durometer is and you can order similar custom mounts from energy. Jeff stated he's been there a while and he knows the in and outs of their products plus a extremely nice guy as well. Unfortunately, the people that initially answer the phone most of the time only know what they can pull up on the computer and still aren't for sure on the specifics of their products... it's like calling Autozone.

Or you can get back to original @ https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/home.aspx

Part # HB10531P

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:42 pm