GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+3
solo79
GM B-Body Forum
Sweet Seventy9
7 posters

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Thu May 08, 2014 12:23 am

I just might get this one for myself!  I'd love to make one of these into a 2 door.  

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4458154987.html

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 00202_10
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Those are pretty cool, on that hearse it actually looks like its the original tail lights just cut in half (well little more than half).
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Fri May 09, 2014 1:07 am

Here's a good deal on some 96 Impala SS springs.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/pts/4441006295.html
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Tue May 13, 2014 1:31 am

Hotchkis adjustable upper and lower rear control arms.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/4465074167.html

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Tue May 13, 2014 4:15 am

Holy Smokes!!  A drop top 79 Caprice !!
    Pretty cool.
    I've seen several other "Chop Tops", but this is the 1st with an actual convertible top.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/4460902390.html

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 00404_10
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Tue May 13, 2014 11:09 pm

Holy Cow! thats awesome, and that thing is in Charlotte where i live!
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Wed May 14, 2014 7:47 am

GM B-Body Forum wrote:Holy Cow! thats awesome, and that thing is in Charlotte where i live!

You should go get that car. In my travels through car shows over the years, I've seen some pretty "bad" attempts at making convertibles out of these 77-79 2-doors, but that one looks awesome. Even the quarter glass design looks fantastic! Most of the ones I've seen were "all the time" convertibles with no top. I'd love to have it, but I've got too many cars. I'd almost be willing to build that and sell the one I have.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Fri May 16, 2014 5:27 am

solo79 wrote:You should go get that car.  In my travels through car shows over the years, I've seen some pretty "bad" attempts at making convertibles out of these 77-79 2-doors, but that one looks awesome.  Even the quarter glass design looks fantastic!  Most of the ones I've seen were "all the time" convertibles with no top.  I'd love to have it, but I've got too many cars.  I'd almost be willing to build that and sell the one I have.
    I was seriously interested in buying it but I don't think it's structurally sound anymore and the seller was such a dick I changed my mind.
    He wouldn't answer even simple questions like does it have a clean title, but ranted on and on about it being a good price and that it would take $7k to complete the whole car. About all I could get out of him was that it has a power top, (wheather it works or not, idk) and that the whole metal structure behind the rear seat was removed to make room for the top.
    Last time I knew it, that was one of the main supporting structures. It'd be similar to removing the firewall. I suppose reinforcements of some type could be welded in but it's not something I would want to have to deal with down the road. 'Scuse the pun, lol.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Fri May 16, 2014 7:10 am

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
    solo79 wrote:You should go get that car.  In my travels through car shows over the years, I've seen some pretty "bad" attempts at making convertibles out of these 77-79 2-doors, but that one looks awesome.  Even the quarter glass design looks fantastic!  Most of the ones I've seen were "all the time" convertibles with no top.  I'd love to have it, but I've got too many cars.  I'd almost be willing to build that and sell the one I have.
    I was seriously interested in buying it but I don't think it's structurally sound anymore and the seller was such a dick I changed my mind.
    He wouldn't answer even simple questions like does it have a clean title, but ranted on and on about it being a good price and that it would take $7k to complete the whole car.  About all I could get out of him was that it has a power top, (wheather it works or not, idk) and that the whole metal structure behind the rear seat was removed to make room for the top.  
    Last time I knew it, that was one of the main supporting structures.  It'd be similar to removing the firewall.  I suppose reinforcements of some type could be welded in but it's not something I would want to have to deal with down the road.  'Scuse the pun, lol.

I like how the seller knows it's going to take $7k to complete the whole car. How does he know this wonderful future information I wonder. I don't have a clue how much it's going to take to complete my car. I wish I had his magical powers so I could budget better. Power top is a bonus. If the structure behind the rear seat is gone, something will have to be done to tie those quarters back together. Surely he would have thought of this? I hope he boxed the frame under the doors too! Still, could make a nice project maybe.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Fri May 16, 2014 1:32 pm

I hope I'm wrong, but by the way he was avoiding my questions I think he's hiding something major.  I mean, why wouldn't a seller answer simple Qs ?

Damn, I jumped the gun and was already starting to make plans for it too.  I'm in communication with this guy - http://www.ebay.com/itm/141285496390?forcerRptr=true&item=141285496390&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123  about buying his car also.  It's got some goodies from Hotchkis, Bilstien and UMI that would swap over very nicely.  Very Happy 
    There's no nose or tail on it atm but he says he has them.  That's cool with me, less parts I have to remove, lol.  I had planned on keeping all the suspension parts, the 12" front brake setup, the disc brake rear, and a few other parts, then selling off the rest to recoup some money.

Yuuup, I was even thinking 1970 Chevelle rear window regulators modded for power for the quarter windows...  I found a 78 2dr Delta 88 for interior parts...  Easy swap of the plastic gas tank.....  I bet a Rivera top boot would fit... oh well.  Something else will come along.

As a side note.... I'm still considering buying the yellow one up in New Hampshire if I can flip the rest of the parts fast.  I'd be keeping most of the  undercarriage but the rest would be available.  B-body, you could use some Impala SS wheels couldn't you?  Laughing
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sat May 17, 2014 12:32 am

solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Sat May 17, 2014 8:22 am

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sat May 17, 2014 10:59 am

I umm... well..... ah.... umm... the dash pad is in great condition!
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm

WOW! I just went 35 years into the past!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4424864458.html

The interior looks immaculate. I wonder what's up with the black seat belts though. The one I had, had color matched ones.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4434182122.html

He's got it up for sale again.

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 pm

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:04 am

wow! $110 for brand new shocks and springs, i hope someone picks that steal up!
    bgkid2966
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  bgkid2966 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Tail lights for what looks like 80 and up.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/pts/4603011964.html

Geno
    bgkid2966
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  bgkid2966 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 pm

77 2 door with minor body damage. $1750

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4634917653.html

Geno
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

bgkid2966 wrote:77 2 door with minor body damage. $1750

Geno

That's not bad at all really. Looks like it suffered all that damage from the tight parking space it's been given.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:29 pm

bgkid2966 wrote:77 2 door with minor body damage. $1750

Geno

It's a shame there's frame damage.  I hope somebody saves it.
    I wonder if they'll sell me parts off it, lol! Laughing
    bgkid2966
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  bgkid2966 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 pm

I could post all night from chicagoland craigslist. If you search impala you will have to weed through a lot of "other" ads from car dealers. If you search caprice there are not so many other ads to weed through. A few 2 doors are to be found and a bunch of 4 doors. I wagon and a Pontiac also, I think the pontiac is a 78.

Geno
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 Empty 88 9C1 - $1000

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:26 pm

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:29 pm

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 Empty 78 Landau

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:46 pm

78 Landau - http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/4660774272.html

I love the air cleaner!  I always wanted to do one similar to that, only with mirror imaged plastic intakes.

Craigslist Finds - Post 'em Here - Page 2 00w0w_10
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Hey that is pretty darn cool looking!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:25 pm